I finally added the GPS layer. It allows you to know where you are but it is NOT a routing application. This means you can not find the shortest route between to locations.
So what can you do?
- do everything you could in the previous version.
- View tiles served by Open Street Maps (thanks to Michael Collinson)
- Find your position using a GPS
- Trace a route on the map and save it
- Display a previously saved trace
I’ve made a separate page on my blog dedicated to the Offline Maps application. That page will contain the manual and feature overview. Blogposts like this one will be used to inform you about added functionality and more technical info like what articles I used to implement the added functionality.
23 december 2007: Original article